Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Peek into my Studio


Inspiration: "a divine influence directly and immediately exerted upon the mind or soul of a man"/(woman) Webster's Enclyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary

Although books and films are sources of inspiration for my artwork, I also am constantly ripping out magazine clippings of pretty things. Sometimes it is a line, a colour, or a mood that I like. I try not to think about it, I just rip..... Many of these clippings sit in piles on my desk at home, on the table in my studio, in files, in art journals, stuffed into drawers.... Only a fraction of them end up on this mood board.

For Gabriela Delworth's Mood Party today, I spent a bit of time tidying up my board to make it presentable. After looking at my photo, I think I might have ADD!!! Audrey Hepburn, Egon Schiele's wife, the Mondrian dress by YSL, the red dresses and a corset by Valentino, an outfit by Balenciaga and Jean Paul Gaultier, a pink couch, a French playing card, a peacock feather -- I have no idea what they share, except beauty and elegant lines. I suppose that is the essence of my work, of me....