Sunday, June 21, 2009

Musee Christian Dior in Granville, France

Photo credit: Ingrid Mida, copyright 2009

As a tribute to Father's Day, I thought I'd share my photos from Christian Dior's rose garden in Granville, France. My father was a devoted gardener and the vision of his pretty little rose garden will always be with me. (Sadly, I did not inherit my father's green thumb!)

Christian Dior's home, which is perched on the cliffs overlooking the ocean, is now a museum (and one of the museums on my bucket list). Each summer, the museum hosts an exhibition and this year, Marc Bohan's thirty years of designs for the house of Dior are chronicled. (Sorry, no photos were allowed inside.)


The grounds were stunningly beautiful and included several lovely garden rooms, filled with the heady scent of roses. If you ever have the opportunity to visit Granville, you'll understand why Christian Dior made the long trek from Paris back to his boyhood home as often as his schedule allowed. Dior's rose garden is what I imagine heaven is like.

Photo credit: Ingrid Mida, copyright 2009