Saturday, August 21, 2010

The 8th Annual and Original Square Foot Show Opens in Toronto!

Masquerade I, Mixed Media 12x12 
by Ingrid Mida 2009


AWOL Gallery's 8th annual Square Foot Show opens today in Toronto. All works are 12x12 and sell for $225, even though many of the artists at the show sell works of this size for much more than that! It is an art lover's paradise as their are hundreds of works to chose from, stacked from floor to ceiling at 100A Ossington Avenue, 2nd floor. 

The work shown above is one of three that I submitted to the show. When I dropped off my pieces, the gallerina told me that she remembered my work from last year because one of my works was sold to a man from Italy. He wasn't going to be in town at the end of the show and had to take it with him right then and there. I love the idea of my work hanging in Italy. I envision it in a beautiful villa in the rolling hills of Tuscany, perhaps in a lady's dressing room, near an ornate gilded mirror.....

Square Foot Show
August 21st - September 5, 2010
Gallery Hours: Thursday - Saturday, 12-8 pm, Sundays 12-5 pm
100A Ossington Avenue, 2nd Floor, Toronto
email: awol@awolgallery.com
416-535-5637