Monday, February 13, 2012

My Picks from New York Fashion Week, Part 1

Victoria Beckham FW 2012
Of the shows so far, my favourite looks come from Victoria Beckham. Elegant, sexy and streamlined, these wearable dresses are ones that I would welcome into my wardrobe.

Victoria Beckham FW 2012

Victoria Beckham FW 2012

DVF FW 2012
Other favourites from the shows so far include Diane Von Furstenberg and Donna Karan. Funny how women designers seem to know what other women want.

DKNY FW 2012
Tommy Hilfiger FW 2012
Far too many looks from the runway seem heavy-handed and depressing (in spite of the tweets of fashion writers who seem to like everything they see). The predominance of black, leather and bondage inspired looks on the runway so far makes for a gloomy outlook, especially in Thieysken's Theory, Jeremy Laing, Carolina Herrera, and Zac Posen). At this point in the winter, I am utterly sick of black and welcome pops of colour into my wardrobe. With so many collections, they start to run together and all look the same. For me, elegance rules the day and Victoria Beckham is the new design star.

Photo credits: www.style.com

Notice of copyright: 
All text and images on this blog are the copyright of Ingrid Mida, unless otherwise noted. The copying of posts, images and/or text without proper attribution is violation of copyright and legal action will be pursued.