Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Creative Process Journal: The Doll in my Studio

Her Face, Photo by Ingrid Mida 2012
I have a doll in my studio -- a Santos Cage Doll that I purchased a number of years ago in a vintage furniture shop. I didn't even know what kind of doll she was when I acquired her, and only learned later that these types of dolls were used as a form of altar for homes in Spain and Mexico. She has sat unadorned, until now. All this research into dolls has led me to want to do something with her, so I've begun to make her a skirt out of mesh. In the photo you can see the basque for the skirt around her hips. This isn't intended to be the final product of my research, but just one path in my creative exploration.

Santos Cage Doll in Studio, Photo by Ingrid Mida 2012

Notice of copyright: 
All text and images on this blog are the copyright of Ingrid Mida, unless otherwise noted. The copying of posts, images and/or text without proper attribution is violation of copyright and legal action will be pursued.